I really love this because it goes so well with my goal for this blog: building community. I like feeling that I am a part of something, and I’m really happy that my friend Amanda from Lilies and Lattes nominated me for this. Check out her post here as well as her other content. She posts really awesome things about style and being a 20 something.
Ok, so here are 11 things about me real quick: I’m a 24-year-old living in Oklahoma. When I was six years old, I wanted to be an author. I read constantly. I have two YouTube channels, one in French and one in English. I am a bisexual and a Buddhist. I love vinyl, cooking, and yoga. And the only food I can’t stand eating is Swedish meatballs.
And now the questions from Amanda:
1. What made you start blogging?
I began this blog my freshman year of college while attending Stony Brook University. I was a long way from home and everyone that I knew, so it began as a way to keep in touch with everyone back in Oklahoma and sort of chronicle my life on Long Island.
But it didn’t really get started rolling until this past year with my Ex-Chronicles series. I just love the idea of sharing my experiences with others and hearing about theirs, as well.
2. What is your favorite meal to make?
I love the cheesy chicken and rice skillet. It’s simple, fast, and delicious.
3. Describe your blog in 3 words.
Cheeky, nifty, laidback.
4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever made?
I’m really proud of the Ex-Chronicles series. I feel like the information I tried to share there was very helpful for me in getting over the situation described but also could be helpful to others experiencing similar heartbreak. Sometimes you just need to know that you aren’t alone.
5. What is your shopping guilty pleasure?
Books and vinyl. I buy way too many of both of these things.
6. Who inspires you the most?
7. Which season is your favorite, and why?
Whichever season it happens to be. Right now, I’m in love with winter. We got a little snow, so while I was brushing off my car, I played in the powder. I love sweaters and boots and nippy wind. But once spring rolls around, that will be my favorite again. Then summer and fall. I never could pick one.
8. Which blog are you currently obsessed with?
TheSeeds4Life. It’s a site dedicated to inspirational and self-development articles. Great writing and awesome ideas.
9. What is your dream job?
Writing. Ideally something that allows me to write about things that fascinate as well as giving me the opportunity to utilize other skills like coding and French.
10. If you could travel anywhere, where would you? And why?
France. Specifically Marseilles. There’s something exotic and romantic about the city, and I would love the opportunity to practice my French.
11. What is your favorite memory from the past year?
I had so many good moments in 2015. It’s hard to pick just one. But I guess the trip to New York is definitely up there. It was an amazing trip, and I’m so happy that I did it. Three days driving from OK to NY. Three days in NYC. Then two days to drive back. Actually, we ended up driving back in something like 25 hours. Good times.
And now a few nominees!
These are people that I enjoy reading and interacting with:
- Sublunar Reflections
- Vinny Lanni
- Rose with Thorns
- 20 something couponer
- Passion Cook
- I Collect Rocks
- People We Know
- Books and Messy Buns
- Shelly Ray
- How Do I Grown Up
Questions for the nominees:
- How long have you been blogging and what made you stick with it?
- What’s your favorite social media platform?
- Do you prefer books or movies?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Who or what inspires you?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- Where do you wish you could live?
- What are you currently reading? (Book, blog, magazine, etc.)
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s a piece of advice you would give to someone who wants to start a blog?
- What’s the number one thing that you want to do in 2016?
That’s it! I really hope to see some posts related to this. Thanks again, Amanda for nominating me 🙂